Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thrifty Thursday 1.

Hey everyone! So I decided to start weekly posts, every Thursday about particular items in my wardrobe that I have found at thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets, etc:) I feel as if some of the most wonderful things I own, I have found in the most random of places and they become more sentimental with a little story behind them.






For my first post, I would like to show you a sterling silver spoon bracelet that never leaves my wrist, so I'm sure it's been noticed in my outfit posts at one point. This July, Nick and I were on our way to a wedding about 25 minutes away. The weather was hot but beautifully sunny. Perfect day for yard sales. So when we saw one at a small church, he decided to stop. Nick found the bracelet in a pile of old jewelry for $2. It was black and tarnished but still resembled a spoon. With a little scrubbing and baking soda, I removed all of the grime and was left with a beautiful vintage bracelet! On the inside, there's an engraving of "Oneida Community" which I went home and researched to find that it was an old company that created silverware and eventually jewelry and some are actually worth a decent amount of money due to the fact that Oneida Community stopped making most of their products before the 1950's. I feel as if the sentimental worth is much more than I would ever consider selling it for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment