Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sew what? 1st floral pocket t's.




My parents bought me a sewing machine for Christmas a few years ago, and I taught myself to sew right away. I went to a family-owned fabric store in my town that I knew the owner of and learned which needles should be used for what, and which thread to use for my machine. However, I never properly learned all of the rules and techniques of sewing and in fear of my work not being perfectly sewn, I haven't really taking the effort to really put stuff together, but instead just sketched the ideas onto paper. Nick found an idea for a simple tee shirt online and I decided why not give it a shot? It took me a few minutes to figure it all out but it was a great success and with more practice, I think I could actually sell the items I make (possibly on www.etsy.com). Here is the t-shirt that I made for Nick:) It's not perfect but he loved it anyways! And I now have so many different sewing and arts & crafts ideas in my head that I just want to put into full affect immediately.

3 comments:

  1. wow you are so creative! I wish I had a sewing machine as well!
    Come visit my blog and if you like it then maybe we can follow each other?
    x

    ReplyDelete